Loading
ISLAMABAD: The court of Abdul Ghafoor Kakar was informed on Friday that two more suspects have joined the ongoing investigation in the foreign funding case against the former prime minister and founder of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), Imran Khan and others.
During the hearing at the Banking Court, the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) sought time to submit a complete challan after concluding its investigation. The case pertains to alleged irregularities in foreign funding involving the PTI founder, Siraj Ahmed of PTI, and a private bank employee, Faisal Qazi.
Special Prosecutor Wasiq Malik appeared before the court and informed that a partial challan had earlier been submitted in the matter. However, he said, further investigation led to the inclusion of two new accused who have now joined the probe. He told the court that instead of filing a supplementary challan, the prosecution intends to submit a complete challan incorporating all the accused and findings of the investigation.
At this, Judge Abdul Ghafoor Kakar inquired how much time the FIA required to finalise and resubmit the challan. The special prosecutor requested 10 to 15 days to complete the process and file the comprehensive report before the court.
Accepting the request, the court directed the FIA to submit the complete challan in the case against the PTI founder and other accused by March 5. The court also granted interim bail to accused Siraj Ahmed and Faisal Qazi and adjourned further proceedings until March 5.
Published in Dawn, February 21st, 2026
if you want to get more information about this news then click on below link
More Detail